Monday, March 06, 2006

It's been awhile..

So I was sick for almost a week then, busy catching up with work and life for another. I have had things on my heart to write. Must have been fleeting thoughts. I was ready to write a new blog when, "Come home Eileen" came on the web music I was listening to. For those of you who don't know, it's an 80's song. Fun music. But as I searched for the Lyrics, (because one cannot really understand what the guy is singing. Sounds like he has a real bad cold. He makes it work. At least for this song) well, let say the lyrics are not what I thought. I read innuendo’s I didn't hear when previously listening to the song. What’s that mean? Exactly that, I didn’t notice it before.
I was having a conversation with a good friend the other day. Both of us have been saved (given our life to the Lord) just under 5 years. We still notice things we didn’t notice before. This song would be a prime example. I am not boycotting, I have freedom to listen to any song. I am merely stating that when truth is revealed, it sets you free. However, I sometimes now have a conviction in my heart when listening to certain songs. Are certain songs though artistically good beneficial for me? I don’t believe I am limited listening only to Christian music. To be honest, it seems some bands use the label “Christian” a little loosely. What does the word "Christian" mean to them? My prayer is that the spirit of God directs me. Ultimately I answer to him.
Peace and grace as you pursue his wisdom. Enjoying his creation. Through Art, music or simply gazing at the stars and eyes of your close loved ones.

2 comments:

Anne said...

yep, who hasn't pondered these things. (actually, probably many christians don't even think about it) but i do. I do want to be careful, I know what I don't like, and if the lyrics of the song affect my feelings too much, then i usually can't listen to it. It's good living life with you, keep on keepin' on.

Lindsay Blake said...

oh i've thrown many a CD's away on a wimb (SP) because i felt convicted... it's the joy of listening to the God of creation.