Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bless this food I'm about to partake...?

So I am sitting here wondering how good that croissantwhich I just ate was for me? To be honest a couple months back I had it for at least 4 times a week. This happened for about a month and a half. Not good. Working out yet eating badly just not a good combination. I am the guy at the gym who looks at the poster illustrating if you burn 300 calories working out, yet eat 500 calories of fatty food right after that, doesn’t do much.
As long as I could remember I love to eat. However, my body never seemed to gain weight no matter how hard I would even try. I am sure age has some to do with it. Now I have a pooch as a new member of the family. I don’t mean that German Shorthair I wish I could have.
Also, if you pray for your meal, and the meal you are about to have is a Quarter Ponder with cheese combo super sized, should you really ask the Lord to bless the food to your body? Seriously, I don’t think so. How could it? Speaking of “Super Size”, I finally watched the movie a couple weeks ago. O K parts of it. Cause after a certain point, you get the message. The movie convinced me stop eating my croissantwhich breakfasts.
Finally, an update on the blog “Moving Day.” They came and finally put in a keyboard tray for me at work. I was still pulling out the pencil drawer to look for my keyboard up to this point. Sadly, for a few days I kept pulling out the keyboard looking for pens or pencils. Stupid keyboard tray.
Call me. Let’s do lunch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm burger...ever realized how much better food that is not good for you tastes? You only live once, you might as well eat what you like. As I sit over here munching on my candy coated hersey kisses yummmmm.

Izzy said...

I know why do McDonald Fries taste so good. And the only thing that shoul dcome in contact with chocolate, my tast buds. Candy coated. yuck. :)

Anne said...

"nothing tastes as good as looking good feels" -somebody told me that once. I think it's true. I always ALWAYS feel like complete (not just partly) CRAP after I eat bad stuff (except for gallo pinto of course!) So, if you start to eat right you feel better, and then you won't want any of that McDaddy crap.
ok I am done now :)

Lindsay Blake said...

sorry anne, i can't agree. i worked out for 11 years of my life... couldn't eat fries, or icecream, or regular pop... now that i can, i can't get enough. nothing tastes better than chocolate... or a good hardy meal at a restaurant.