Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Husband…. What does that mean?

As my testimony states (www.realpeopleinarealworld.com) I was previously married. One of my best friends got married this past weekend. He was also previously married. He has a beautiful son and now lovely wife. Note I did not say he is now remarried. During the time we were praying for him before the wedding, the pastor had spoken that it was not his second marriage, but his first. The Lord has redeemed him. Who are you Lord? Who is like you? I have seen a man transform from shame, unsure, and fear to a man with integrity, faith and trust in the one that matters most. A real God, one who seeks him, fights for him and never abandoned him. Characters of a good husband. What does it mean to be a good husband? Lord I pray for purity in their marriage, generations of Godly men and women. Intimacy and revelation of your unending love for them. This is the cup the Lord has given him to drink. For me? Besides perceptions by some people who thought I was O.K. with not every being married, I would say, rather then OK a better term would be learning to be "content" in whatever the situation. However, I still have the faith and dreams to be with a future bride. I don’t regret being a Husband, just being a bad one. I am not OK with not ever being married. I am for marriage! I am for marriages that are life giving, unselfish and with great emotional intimacy. There have been so many engagements and wedding the past 6 months in our community of friends. I love it. If we don’t marry, be fruitful and multiply, we’ll literally die off. The kingdom is life giving. So I pray there would be more great engagements and weddings. And if it’s his time….”Ollie oxen free….take a chance on me.”

No comments: