Monday, March 13, 2006

You are my defender…..

In the creases of my memory lie revelations of who you are
In the hardest of hearts I pushed away, even then you sought me

Though I was lonely you visited me
Though I was ashamed you comforted me
Though I was hungry you fed my spirits
Though I was young you gave wisdom beyond my comprehension
Though I was neglected you pursued me
Though I felt rejected you encouraged me

When I was abused you covered me
When I was beat you healed me
When I was broken to peaces you mended me
When I felt I couldn’t live with out her you walked with me
When I felt like crying forever you kissed my eyes

You have always defended me
You have always fought for me
You have always chased me
You have always been a father

No one compares to you
No is as sovereign as you
Nothing goes unseen by you
No one is like you

I have nothing to offer
All I have is this heart
My love it’s already yours

I ask that you take it again and again
I ask you do with it what you will
I ask you hold it gently as a father
I ask you change me so that we may know you

Take me my Defender, my Lover, my Friend, my Father my King.

No comments: