Friday, May 05, 2006

Food day

Looking at some previous post, it seems food may be somewhat involved in a lot of my posts. No apologies here. I like trying new and different types of food. A friend of mine asked the other day if there is any type of food I wouldn’t try. I don’ believe so. Other then shrimp crab or lobster because I am allergic to them. I do love clams and oysters.
Today is food day at work. Mexican food is the theme. I love guacamole. I mean a nacho or chip dip wouldn’t be complete with out it. As much as I eat one would think I cook or try to make things more often. I am trying to but I have encircled myself around people that do. Therefore it works out. My friends like to make stuff I love to try them. I would say, “Great fit!”
Food just has great connections with relationships too. Whether fixing a new dish with friends, another culture or with family. I believe some of the best times the disciples probably had with Jesus was when they where eating. There may be a few biblical example recorded about this concept.
We ask people to have coffee or tea. We ask them to lunch. When people are invited into homes they are asked if they want something to drink. Food can be a great icebreaker. I love the time of just chatting with friends or meeting new people. Anyone ever read “The five love Languages?” There is one for singles too. One of mine is “quality time.” I think that’s why I love this setting. The setting of sitting, walking, or just being with a friend, family and yes, my father in heaven, my god.
Father I thank you for how you made us for relationship. I thank you for my friends, family, co-workers, and the many faces in the nations.
I thank you that as you are lifted up all men and women are drawn to you.
May we drink and eat of eternally things today. May we embrace the life you have given us. You are enough, be our portion, be our god.

I am off to a retreat so it may be a while for another blog. Blog you later.

No comments: