Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What Makes me Blue......

When a child, a widow, a parent, family or friend cries uncontrollably.
When justice is overlooked and the poor remain broken as result.
When I think I have it figured out and realize I don’t.
When people are not acknowledged for who they are, a created being.
When people or myself don’t acknowledge the living god.
When people say god is not real.
When I anxiously want to kiss my daughter good night and can’t.
When children, men or women are exploited.
When people are freed and still walk with invisible shackles around their heart.
When a promised call or visit doesn’t happen.
When earthly things are put before relationships.
When I can’t hear you.
When I can’t sing to you.
When I can’t feel your presence.
When someone dies and we could have done something.
When we talk the talk but never step out to risk the calling.
When I just need someone to listen and they feel they need to fix me.
When an opportunity to share the good news doesn’t happen or missed.
When we feel grace has a limit to our father.
When I see a child hungry, not just for food but also for pure touch.
When I look into hopeless eyes.
When I know people are screaming in their hearts for freedom.
When I know most of these people won’t be heard.
When our king returns and many will parish.
When a brokenhearted can’t even look at you in the eyes.
When desperation takes it toll.
When freedom is taken for granted.
When freedom is taken without knowing or counting the cost.
When true repentance doesn’t happen and people fall away.
When people are discarded, looked upon as “not worth it.”
When fathers want no part in their children’s lives.
When a skin color dictates our actions or attitude.

When I have to look at myself in the mirror as I write this.

2 comments:

Lindsay Blake said...

i like this.

meljkerr said...

Lots of those lines touched my heart.