Monday, March 12, 2007

Which side of eternity…

Today I received some disturbing news about a co-worker. This year marks 7 years at my recent job, 5 years since I gave Lordship to Jesus.

There has been some tough processing relationships with old friends, where I am heading, and most importantly obedience in staying here.

With that to say, recently a co-worker who was in the same training class as me passed away. Besides immediate family, he leaves a wife and 1 year old son.

I have emotionally battled with how this plays out to not only his family, but the people I work with. If judgment fell today, where would we go?

I look to our father. I write this song as I am burdened by the thought he could spend eternity without knowing Jesus. But my hope is that he submitted his heart and Life prior to passing away.

“I need your freshness to cover over me
I long for your goodness to set me free
How do I become uninhibited by my selfishness
How do I become to realize it’s because of you

It’s unattainable, not duplicated, finished at the cross
Ineffectual, futile to the mind
That your love is free…holding on to me

I rest my heart close to where you stand
Believing that you would adopt me in your hands
If judgment fell today, where would you and I be
Contemplating which side of eternity”

No comments: